Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sirius-licious



One terrific xmas gift! I don't know how I lived with FM Radio for as long as I have. What I really like about it:

No Commercials - Always a big selling point for satellite radio, but rightfully so. I hate commercials.

BackSpin - Old Skool Rap Radio! Ever get the strange urge to listen to some Kriss Kross? Ice-T? DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince? Now you can!

LCD Display - A beautiful display and quite functional as well. It displays the current song and artist, so you don't have to play the "remember the chorus-find the station's website-lookup online programming" game.

Uncensored - There's an entire new world of hip-hop songs that I had no idea what the lyrics to were.

Comedy Channels - Sometimes I'm just in the mood for some standup while I'm sitting.

One brazillion channels - How many are in a brazillion?

Free Online Account - This xmas holidays, it was wonderful to be able to log into my online account and stream sirius radio over the internet. Made for great background listening at our house and the in-laws'.

10 Channel Presets - Ok, I could do this on my regular FM tuner, but not without pushing the AM/FM button. And with one brazillion channels to choose from, I found it oddly difficult to commit a channel to a button without carefully considering my other options.

80's Station/60's Station - 'nuf said!

Pause/Rewind - A little record button would be the icing on the cake!

No comments: