Friday, March 23, 2007

What do Utah, Brains and the Goo Goo Dolls Have in Common?


I've spent all week at brainshare, a Novell technology conference. It's well known for nerdy commercial spoofs (SuSE), free food and spifs, and a Thursday night tradition called "Meet the Experts" (a.k.a "beat the geeks") in which customers who have consumed one too many beers asks all sorts of questions to the techies about why things were done the way they were done in our software products. Each year on Wednesday night, they have a band and a comedian perform. This year it was the Goo Goo Dolls. Turns out, they sing a whole lot more than I thought I remembered.

Oh, and I got to try a $65 bone-aged filet mignon at Spencer's. Yummmmmmy!

2 comments:

haahnster said...

I like the Goo Goo Dolls, especially their sappier pseudo-power-ballad-ish songs. GREAT for drinking alone!

...I won't tell 'em your name...

...And I don't want the world to see me/'Cause I don't think that they'd understand...

Shit! Get me beer, preferably malt liquor, NOW!!!

Jeremy said...

Both songs were in full effect tha night.. as was my Gin & Tonic.